Double-ended grow lights are a form of effective grow lights that operate under ultra-high frequencies. At GrowDudes, we have several types of DE grow lights and they include:
- Gavita Pro Series DE
- Lightspeed Pro DE
- Agrolux with Phillips Lamp
- Gavita Pro Classic Series
- Gavita Electronic DE
The Gavita DE lamp is highly flexible, and is made of high-grade Miro aluminum which offers optimal light reflectance to your plant. It also offers light uniformity in an overlapping plan which allows great plant penetration from all the sides. The Gavita pro classic series are preferred because their reflector can be easily replaced.
Lightspeed grow lights are one of the most efficient grow light fixtures that are available in the current market. They provide greater output than most competitors. The Agrolux lamp is widely used in horticultural lighting systems because it has a low inrush current, constant output control, voltage protection, and a reliable and energy efficient system.
Double-ended grow lights
This is a high-powered bulb. It ranges between 600 and 1000 watts. It is popular with commercial indoor growers due to its intense light. It emits more light and distributes it more evenly. With its ideal light spectrum, its ultra violet rays and infrared rays are more intense compared to other forms of lighting. The Double-ended is closer to the type of light emitted by the sun. This means that they are more efficient and use less energy. Apart from that, they last longer saving you replacement costs.
Although you might pay more compared to other grow lights, the results per unit will be worth it.
Tips to note about double ended lights
- Since they emit more light, they are suitable for large areas. They can suppress small plant growth
- They are efficient for large commercial settings where results are likely to surpass maintenance costs
Factors to consider when choosing grow lights
- The space available -It may also include the distance between the grow lights and the plants.
- The economic implications- this includes the overall cost incurred in order to light a given area
- The key grow lights specifications- some grow lights are fit for commercial growers only. In addition to this, different grow lights may produce different color variations.
- Scalability and safety- for vegetative plants, you may need to hang your lights or adjust their height frequently
- Quality and purpose
- Your budget
- Heat and common accessories
Types of grow lights to consider
High intensity discharge grow lights
If you are working on a budget, then the HID grow lights are for you. They have low setup cost and are economical compared to LED lights. Although there are many forms of HID lights available today, Metal Halides and High-Pressure Sodium are the most important ones. They are popular for their brightness and impressive light output. You can use both lights from the seedling stage up to plant maturation. However, they offer best results when alternated, since each type of light has particular color strength. For instance, High-Pressure Sodium is fit for the flowering stage while Metal Halides are effective in the leafy stage.
Tips to note about hid grow lights
- Compared to LED lights, they are more reliable for results- HID grow lights have been used a longer period successfully. This means that there is plenty of information available on the web making it easier to make references
- HID grow lights are affordable- for starters, HID grow lights are more economical. Although the cost difference is relative, the yield per led light is also low
- HID grow lights provide full plant light spectrum- depending on the type of plant, led lights require careful pruning to increase light penetration while pruning is unnecessary for HID grow lights.
Led grow lights
- LED is the abbreviation for light emitting diode. The LED grow light comprises of individual diodes, which produce a specific color range. This means that for one led grow light to be effective, it must combine hundreds of diodes. While compared to HID grow light, LED lights are efficient and consume less energy. They also offer cooler operating temperatures.
- If you are operating in a technologically advanced area, you can use the led technology controlled using a digital touch screen device. This means that you can select a light spectrum of your choice. In addition to this, you can use the same lights throughout the vegetative and flowering stage without the need to swap lights.
Tips to note about red glow lights
- Led glow light produce less heat- this means that it works well for small-concealed spaces. You will also spend less energy on cooling.
- Led glow light uses less air conditioning- if energy consumption is a major issue to your indoor growing, then these lights will save you the hassle.
- Compared to hid, led are require less maintenance- top quality LEDs can last up to 100,000 hours without the need to change bulbs. However, it is important to adjust the bulb height frequently since they have greater light intensity